Preventing School Drop-out
An Online Course
What will You learn?
In this course MOTI Education’s own special education teacher Piia Tynkkynen gives you concrete knowledge and tools to react to and prevent school drop-out and school refusal. Piia is working with a group of students who have dropped out of school or who are at high risk of doing that. She is continuously studying the latest research and participates actively in service training for Finnish special education teachers. In this course You will learn all that in a nutshell with concrete tips that have been used in Finnish classrooms around Finland.
This course gives You answers to following topics:
- Reasons for school refusal
- Preventing the problem
- Recognising the problem
- Reacting to the problem
- The power of good co-operation
Who is this course suitable for?
This course is best suited for educators in secondary or higher levels . It gives good advice also for administrative professionals who want to understand mechanisms behind the school absences and preventing those problems.
What is the content of this course?
- Studying this course will take approximately 2-4 hours depending on the time spent on reflection tasks.
- The course is divided into 6 lessons.
- Each lesson includes an introduction to the subject, approximately a 1-4 minute video and background texts with practical material/tips and reflection tasks.
- In order to get the best results, it is advisable to study one lesson at a time and then take some time to carefully think about the tasks before moving on to the next lesson.
The course is created so that you will get most out of it no matter what your country or school system is. The emphasis of the methods is so to give tools to single or a group of teachers.
8 LESSONS IN TOTAL